Re: Integration with Eclim

  • Steven Michalske
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 22, 2010
      On Feb 19, 2010, at 5:24 PM, björn wrote:

      > I'm not saying that this is a good solution, but at least it is
      > possible to embed Vim in whatever app you wish using this method.
      > Maybe in some distant future I'll come up with a good way of
      > modularizing the MacVim code so that it will be possible to simply
      > pull some sort of MacVim.framework into another app and be done, but
      > the keyword is _distant_ here. ;-)

      Me dreams of vim in xcode!

      Make that framework commercially acceptable please!

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 23, 2010
        On 22 February 2010 20:20, Steven Michalske wrote:

        > On Feb 19, 2010, at 5:24 PM, björn wrote:
        >
        >> I'm not saying that this is a good solution, but at least it is
        >> possible to embed Vim in whatever app you wish using this method.
        >> Maybe in some distant future I'll come up with a good way of
        >> modularizing the MacVim code so that it will be possible to simply
        >> pull some sort of MacVim.framework into another app and be done, but
        >> the keyword is _distant_ here. ;-)
        >
        > Me dreams of vim in xcode!
        >
        > Make that framework commercially acceptable please!

        What is less likely?

        a) that I actually write such a framework

        or

        b) that the the Xcode devs would add a "Vim view" feature if such a
        framework existed

        My estimate is that (a) has about 1 chance in [enter arbitrarily large
        number here] to ever happen, but that it still is likelier than (b).
        ;-)

      • Christopher S Martin