lazyredraw and search/delete freeze on MacVim GUI

  • Manpreet Singh
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010
      (Apologies for cross-posting but I am unsure where this issues lies).

      Configuration:

      1) MacVim 7.2.356 from the current Git Repo on Snow Leopard
      2) lazyredraw set in .vimrc

      Steps:

      1) Drop potwiki.vim (
      ), in your plugin directory
      2) Remove any old .vim/doc/potwiki.txt
      3) Launch MacVim GUI from Finder.

      potwiki will try to install documentation in .vim/doc/potwiki.txt

      Bug:

      MacVim freezes. vim (via mvim wrapper) in a terminal does not.

      The command at line 428 in potwiki.vim

      1,/^=\{3,}\s\+START_DOC\C/ d

      freezes. Trying to set nolazyredraw just before this line in the
      script has no effect.

      Thanks
      Manpreet
      --
      Most of us, when all is said and done, like what we like and make up
      reasons for it afterwards.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010
        On 20 February 2010 21:23, Manpreet Singh wrote:
        > Hi,
        >  (Apologies for cross-posting but I am unsure where this issues lies).
        >
        > Configuration:
        >
        >  1) MacVim 7.2.356 from the current Git Repo on Snow Leopard
        >  2) lazyredraw set in .vimrc
        >
        > Steps:
        >
        >  1) Drop potwiki.vim (
        >      http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1018
        >     ), in your plugin directory
        >  2) Remove any old .vim/doc/potwiki.txt
        >  3) Launch MacVim GUI from Finder.
        >
        >  potwiki will try to install documentation in .vim/doc/potwiki.txt
        >
        > Bug:
        >
        >   MacVim freezes. vim (via mvim wrapper) in a terminal does not.
        >
        >   The command at line 428 in potwiki.vim
        >
        >     1,/^=\{3,}\s\+START_DOC\C/ d
        >
        >   freezes. Trying to set nolazyredraw just before this line in the
        >   script has no effect.

        (Only posting to vim_mac as this seems to be a MacVim bug.)

        I can recreate this bug. Thanks for reporting it...I'll see what I can do.

        I see this error message from Vim:

        Error reading input, exiting...

        Not sure yet what is causing it or what it means.