zz

  • Gerd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
      Hallo,

      i try to use the zz command to exit, but get the answer: this is not an
      editor command ?

      Is there any manual for using vim on MAC OS X on the net or in any
      published book?

      thanks for help

      Gerd
    • Emily Jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
        At 5:32 AM -0500 on Sunday, September 28, 2003, Gerd <gerd.adendorf@t-
        online.de> wrote:

        >i try to use the zz command to exit, but get the answer: this is not an
        >editor command ?

        It's "ZZ" (uppercase, not lowercase).

        >Is there any manual for using vim on MAC OS X on the net or in any
        >published book?

        AFAIK, no.

        Emily
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
          On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:51:21AM -0500, Emily Jackson wrote:
          > At 5:32 AM -0500 on Sunday, September 28, 2003, Gerd <gerd.adendorf@t-
          > online.de> wrote:
          >
          > >i try to use the zz command to exit, but get the answer: this is not an
          > >editor command ?
          >
          > It's "ZZ" (uppercase, not lowercase).

          That was my first thought, too, but "zz" should center the cursor's
          line in the window. I do not see why you would get that error message.
          Gerd, what version of vim are you using?

          :version

          > >Is there any manual for using vim on MAC OS X on the net or in any
          > >published book?
          >
          > AFAIK, no.

          Same here. There are not supposed to be big differences. I think
          the only published book on vim is the one by Steve Oualline: there is a
          link from www.vim.org to
          http://iccf-holland.org/click5.html
          if you are interested in buying a copy. I have always been happy with

          :help

          HTH --Benji Fisher