Adding Vim.app to default "Open With" menu?

  • David Sewell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2003
      Hello Mac Vim people,

      Seems like this should be a FAQ, but I can't find any discussion of it.

      What is the procedure for creating OS X info files that will allow
      Vim.app to be presented as an "Open With" option when right-clicking
      on any file type? (As, for example, is possible with BBEdit.)

      Incidentally, I have been editing/proofreading a huge collection of XML
      files. I started out doing this using XMetal (running under Virtual PC --
      yecch), but soon switched to a system of using XSLT to view styled files
      in Mozilla, and Vim to do the actual editing. It is so much faster and
      more flexible.

      David

      --
      David Sewell, Managing Editor
      Electronic Imprint, The University of Virginia Press