Re: Fullscreen and Spotlight playing nicely together

  • Sean DeNigris
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2010
      Small update... if you disable the Spotlight shortcut, <D-Space> can
      be mapped. Still working out an easy way to do this from MacVim...

    • Edward Marczak
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2010
        On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        > On 15 February 2010 15:25, Sean DeNigris wrote:
        >>
        >>>  does anybody know of any full-screen programs that do not disable
        >>> Spotlight?
        >>
        >> I guess this is standard Mac behavior because I just checked iTunes
        >> and it does the same thing.
        >>
        >> This being the case, I don't think that the change should be
        >> implemented in MacVim directly, but would be a helpful mapping.  The
        >> only problem is that mapping <D-Space> seems to have no effect.   Is
        >> this an issue with MacVim, or the OS?
        >
        > I would say the OS: it can be extremely hard to get access to keys
        > that the OS reserves for other purposes.

        I use Google Quick Search Box as a replacement/adjunct of Spotlight:

        http://code.google.com/p/qsb-mac/

        I disable the OS mapping of command-space and use that in QSB. QSB
        pops up just fine over a fullscreen MacVim window.
        --
        Ed Marczak
        e: marczak@...