RE: picking up changes to indent file without restarting MacVim

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2010
      Thruston wrote:
      > How do I get MacVim to re-read my indent file without a
      > complete restart?
      >
      > I've tried "source ~/.vim/indent/rexx.vim" and "runtime
      > indent/ rexx.vim" but they don't seem to work...

      Most indent files (and plugins) start with some code that
      ensures they only execute once. You just have to defeat that
      code. In Vim, you might need something like this:

      :unlet b:did_indent

      However, you would need to have the code designed so that it
      won't do anything bad when sourced the second time (often that
      just means using "function!" rather than "function" so that a
      function definition can be replaced with a second function).

      John