Re: :Cabe on .gvimrc

  • kennydee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
      Hello,
      No it doesn't work.
      Any other idea ? or a correction to this bug ?

      On 18 jan, 11:59, Craig <craig.em...@...> wrote:
      > I might be wrong but doesn't
      >
      > :cabbrev
      >
      > do what you want?
      >
      > -C
      >
      > On Jan 18, 7:42 am, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi everybody,
      > > First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !
      >
      > > I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
      > > support in gvimrc :
      >
      > > :cabe e tabedit
      >
      > > This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
      > > When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe
      >
      > > This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
      > > on mac.
      > > Have u got any idea ?
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
        Are you sure?
        I just opened a new MacVim window, did
        :cabbrev e tabedit
        and when I typed
        :e<Space>
        (not actually <Space> but a space character)
        the "e " turned into "tabedit "

        Wasn't that what you were expecting?

        -C

        On Jan 18, 12:48 pm, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        > No it doesn't work.
        > Any other idea ? or a correction to this bug ?
        >
        > On 18 jan, 11:59, Craig <craig.em...@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I might be wrong but doesn't
        >
        > > :cabbrev
        >
        > > do what you want?
        >
        > > -C
        >
        > > On Jan 18, 7:42 am, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
        >
        > > > Hi everybody,
        > > > First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !
        >
        > > > I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
        > > > support in gvimrc :
        >
        > > > :cabe e tabedit
        >
        > > > This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
        > > > When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe
        >
        > > > This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
        > > > on mac.
        > > > Have u got any idea ?
      • kennydee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
          it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/

          My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
          21 2008 12:51:59)
          MacOS X (unix) version
          Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winckler@...>

          And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2

          Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
            2010/1/18 kennydee:
            > it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/
            >
            > My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
            > 21 2008 12:51:59)
            > MacOS X (unix) version
            > Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winckler@...>
            >
            > And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2
            >
            > Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)

            It should work -- most likely the problem is at your end. Try going
            through these steps

            http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs

            and see if you can figure out what the problem is.

            Björn
          • kennydee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
              Thanks you.
              I finally make it word, by deleting :set paste from my .gvimrc

              Without :set paste, it works
              with it doesn't.

              Thank you all for your answer

              On 18 jan, 22:35, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
              > 2010/1/18 kennydee:
              >
              > > it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/
              >
              > > My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
              > > 21 2008 12:51:59)
              > > MacOS X (unix) version
              > > Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winck...@...>
              >
              > > And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2
              >
              > > Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)
              >
              > It should work -- most likely the problem is at your end.  Try going
              > through these steps
              >
              > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs
              >
              > and see if you can figure out what the problem is.
              >
              > Björn
            • dacresni
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
                what version of vim are you using, what vi related packages do you
                have installed in your linux version. or to which linux distro do you
                refere.