:Cabe on .gvimrc

  • kennydee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2010
      Hi everybody,
      First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !

      I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
      support in gvimrc :

      :cabe e tabedit

      This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
      When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe

      This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
      on mac.
      Have u got any idea ?
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
        I might be wrong but doesn't

        :cabbrev

        do what you want?

        -C

        On Jan 18, 7:42 am, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
        > Hi everybody,
        > First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !
        >
        > I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
        > support in gvimrc :
        >
        > :cabe e tabedit
        >
        > This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
        > When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe
        >
        > This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
        > on mac.
        > Have u got any idea ?
      • kennydee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
          Hello,
          No it doesn't work.
          Any other idea ? or a correction to this bug ?

          On 18 jan, 11:59, Craig <craig.em...@...> wrote:
          > I might be wrong but doesn't
          >
          > :cabbrev
          >
          > do what you want?
          >
          > -C
          >
          > On Jan 18, 7:42 am, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi everybody,
          > > First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !
          >
          > > I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
          > > support in gvimrc :
          >
          > > :cabe e tabedit
          >
          > > This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
          > > When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe
          >
          > > This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
          > > on mac.
          > > Have u got any idea ?
        • Craig
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
            Are you sure?
            I just opened a new MacVim window, did
            :cabbrev e tabedit
            and when I typed
            :e<Space>
            (not actually <Space> but a space character)
            the "e " turned into "tabedit "

            Wasn't that what you were expecting?

            -C

            On Jan 18, 12:48 pm, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
            > Hello,
            > No it doesn't work.
            > Any other idea ? or a correction to this bug ?
            >
            > On 18 jan, 11:59, Craig <craig.em...@...> wrote:
            >

            > > I might be wrong but doesn't
            >
            > > :cabbrev
            >
            > > do what you want?
            >
            > > -C
            >
            > > On Jan 18, 7:42 am, kennydee <ke...@...> wrote:
            >
            > > > Hi everybody,
            > > > First of all, thanks for making this wonderful Vim available on Mac !
            >
            > > > I've got only one problem with this port : it's the lack of the :cabe
            > > > support in gvimrc :
            >
            > > > :cabe e tabedit
            >
            > > > This line (on linux system and Gvim) do the following stuff :
            > > > When i type in command line :e , it transform it in :tabe
            >
            > > > This make the usage of tabs more simple, but this features didn't work
            > > > on mac.
            > > > Have u got any idea ?
          • kennydee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
              it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/

              My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
              21 2008 12:51:59)
              MacOS X (unix) version
              Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winckler@...>

              And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2

              Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
                2010/1/18 kennydee:
                > it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/
                >
                > My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
                > 21 2008 12:51:59)
                > MacOS X (unix) version
                > Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winckler@...>
                >
                > And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2
                >
                > Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)

                It should work -- most likely the problem is at your end. Try going
                through these steps

                http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs

                and see if you can figure out what the problem is.

                Björn
              • kennydee
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
                  Thanks you.
                  I finally make it word, by deleting :set paste from my .gvimrc

                  Without :set paste, it works
                  with it doesn't.

                  Thank you all for your answer

                  On 18 jan, 22:35, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
                  > 2010/1/18 kennydee:
                  >
                  > > it's exactly the behavior i expected, but it doesn't work with me :/
                  >
                  > > My MacVim version is VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Aug
                  > > 21 2008 12:51:59)
                  > > MacOS X (unix) version
                  > > Compiled by Bjorn Winckler <bjorn.winck...@...>
                  >
                  > > And i'm on a macbook pro, with mac osx 10.6.2
                  >
                  > > Thanks you for your answer anyway ;)
                  >
                  > It should work -- most likely the problem is at your end.  Try going
                  > through these steps
                  >
                  > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs
                  >
                  > and see if you can figure out what the problem is.
                  >
                  > Björn
                • dacresni
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 18, 2010
                    what version of vim are you using, what vi related packages do you
                    have installed in your linux version. or to which linux distro do you
                    refere.