Launcher for multiple copies of Vim.app

  • Rain Dog
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
      Jason McIntosh wrote:
      > for those who use the command line, if you setup a shell script
      > with the following:
      > #!/bin/bash
      > /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g $1 &
      > and make it executable, then you can do "mvim ~/Documents/myfile.txt"
      > and "mvim ~/Documents/myfile2.txt" and get two graphical vims.

      Anyone interested in a little drag-and-drop app that launches a new
      copy of Vim.app each time you drop one or more files on it? I assembled
      it using Platypus < http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~ssv/software.html > and
      keep it in my dock. It's about 28K, uuencoded.

      Peter
    • Ricardo SIGNES
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
        * Rain Dog <p.cucka@...> [2003-09-17T00:37:11]
        > Anyone interested in a little drag-and-drop app that launches a new
        > copy of Vim.app each time you drop one or more files on it? I assembled
        > it using Platypus < http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~ssv/software.html > and
        > keep it in my dock. It's about 28K, uuencoded.

        If it can (a) sit in the Dock and (b) launch gVim when clicked, I'm all
        over it. I'd love to be able to drop files onto the gVim icon in my
        Dock.

        UUEncoded, though? Can you stick it on the web? At vim.sf.net, maybe?

        --
        rjbs
      • Rain Dog
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
          On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 04:54 AM, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

          > * Rain Dog <p.cucka@...> [2003-09-17T00:37:11]
          >> Anyone interested in a little drag-and-drop app that launches a new
          >> copy of Vim.app each time you drop one or more files on it?
          >
          > If it can (a) sit in the Dock and (b) launch gVim when clicked,
          > I'm all over it.

          It does both.

          > Can you stick it on the web? At vim.sf.net, maybe?

          Can anyone help with this? Benji?
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
            On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 07:54:43AM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
            > * Rain Dog <p.cucka@...> [2003-09-17T00:37:11]
            > > Anyone interested in a little drag-and-drop app that launches a new
            > > copy of Vim.app each time you drop one or more files on it? I assembled
            > > it using Platypus < http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~ssv/software.html > and
            > > keep it in my dock. It's about 28K, uuencoded.
            >
            > If it can (a) sit in the Dock and (b) launch gVim when clicked, I'm all
            > over it. I'd love to be able to drop files onto the gVim icon in my
            > Dock.
            >
            > UUEncoded, though? Can you stick it on the web? At vim.sf.net, maybe?

            Last I tried, I could drag files onto the Vim.app icon, whether in
            a Finder window or on the Dock, and vim would start up. If I read the
            above description correctly, the point is that this opens multiple
            copies of Vim.app .

            Peter, if you send me a copy (uuencoded should be OK) I can add it
            to the macvim web site.

            --Benji Fisher
          • Ricardo SIGNES
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2003
              * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2003-09-17T23:06:05]
              > Last I tried, I could drag files onto the Vim.app icon, whether in
              > a Finder window or on the Dock, and vim would start up. If I read the
              > above description correctly, the point is that this opens multiple
              > copies of Vim.app .

              Well, don't I feel silly, now. Thanks.

              --
              rjbs