Re: excuse me for a noob question, how to install ODB editor for macvim

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010
      2010/1/9 Webber:
      > i searched the faq on the official macvim site, but found nothing
      > mentioning this.
      >
      > i tried the following:
      >
      > 1. i backed up the directory "Edit in ODBEditor" in /Library/
      > InputManagers and then removed it.
      > 2. i copied the directory "Edit in ODBEditor" in Mac.app/Resource to  /
      > Library/InputManagers.
      > 3. i then sudo chown root:admin /Library/InputManagers/Edit \in
      > \ODBEditor
      > 4. i restarted both the MacVim and the Safari.
      >
      > but nothing shows in the Safari's Edit menu.
      >
      > could you guys please shed some light on this?

      Hi Webber,

      This issue has been discussed many time in the past on this list, just
      search the archives. The short of it is that "Edit in..." only works
      with programs run in 32bit mode (on Snow Leopard) so you may want to
      try out QuickCursor [1] instead.

      Björn

      [1] http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/quickcursor/