Re: Input gets slow, almost hangs, while editing ruby files if "foldmethod" is set to "syntax"

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
      2009/12/27 björn:
      > 2009/12/26 Skammer:
      >> Text input gets extremely slow while editing this file
      >> http://github.com/nakajima/slidedown/blob/master/lib/slidedown.rb
      >> While trying to find the cause I turned off folding and everything
      >> started to work fine.
      >> I'm using the latest MacVim snapshot.
      >>
      >> A few days ago I tried vim-cocoa http://code.google.com/p/vim-cocoa/
      >> The input speed didn't drop even when code folding was enabled, so I
      >> think there is something wrong with macvim rather then with my setup.
      >>
      >> Is there any way to fix this?
      >
      > I'll have a look...but can you please give me a minimal setup to
      > reproduce the bug first? (Copy&paste a minimal vimrc/gvimrc that
      > reproduces the problem.)

      Skammer: could this possibly be the following bug that you have come across?

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/5d6332bc3c269ed9

      (Does the vim-cocoa version you tried with include patch 274?)

    • Jjgod Jiang
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010

        On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        > (Does the vim-cocoa version you tried with include patch 274?)

        The vim-cocoa binary I released does not include patch 274.

        - Jiang

      • Christian Kruse
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
          Hi there,

          Am 26.12.2009 um 21:17 schrieb Skammer:

          > Is there any way to fix this?

          It seems as if the bug is already fixed. I clone'd the latest git version and built it on my Mac with following configure flags:

          ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-rubyinterp --with-macarchs=x86_64 --with-macsdk=10.6

          and it works like a charm.

          LG,
          CK