British -ize spelling

  • Nicholas Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      I'm using the latest version of MacVim (returning to Vim use after a
      long time using another editor on the Mac). Since I last used vim
      properly, native spelling checking seems to have been added (a very
      welcome addition - the days of fighting with plug-ins are over!).

      Is there a dictionary available that gives the British spelling but
      with the -ize variants? en_gb isn't right for me, since I'm using Vim
      to write documents for publishers that require the 'academic'
      spellings.

      Alternatively, is there a way to make MacVim work with cocoapell,
      which is what I use to get around this problem in other places...

      Best wishes and happy New Year to one and all,

      Nicholas

    • Yongwei Wu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        2010/1/4 Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole@...>:
        > I'm using the latest version of MacVim (returning to Vim use after a
        > long time using another editor on the Mac).  Since I last used vim
        > properly, native spelling checking seems to have been added (a very
        > welcome addition - the days of fighting with plug-ins are over!).
        >
        > Is there a dictionary available that gives the British spelling but
        > with the -ize variants?  en_gb isn't right for me, since I'm using Vim
        > to write documents for publishers that require the 'academic'
        > spellings.

        As far as I know, the en_gb dictionary allows the -ize spelling, and I
        use it as my default language. If, in addition, you want to mark the
        -ise spelling as an error, you may try the en_ca dictionary. The
        variants are all in the English dictionary shipped with Vim (at least
        this is the case on Windows).

        --
        Wu Yongwei