Re: Spanning Multiple Monitors

  • Mark Chandler
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
      Thanks for the rapid reply.

      Ideally, I would like to simply be able to re-size a window manually
      to span multiple monitors. If the monitors are different resolutions
      or different sizes then that would be my issue. Right now, it appears
      to limit the manually re-sizing to the maximum of the current monitor
      size even though I can move the window to span multiple monitors. If
      it worked like Terminal that would be perfect (Manually re-size across
      any number of monitors. The "green blob" maximizes to the monitor
      which has the most Terminal window real-estate).

      thanks,
      -Mark

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
        2009/12/3 Mark Chandler:

        > Ideally, I would like to simply be able to re-size a window manually
        > to span multiple monitors. If the monitors are different resolutions
        > or different sizes then that would be my issue. Right now, it appears
        > to limit the manually re-sizing to the maximum of the current monitor
        > size even though I can move the window to span multiple monitors. If
        > it worked like Terminal that would be perfect (Manually re-size across
        > any number of monitors. The "green blob" maximizes to the monitor
        > which has the most Terminal window real-estate).

        That sounds reasonable...I'll look into it.

        Thanks for the suggestion,

      • Ted Pavlic
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
          > Ideally, I would like to simply be able to re-size a window manually
          > to span multiple monitors. If the monitors are different resolutions

          +1

          --
          Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

          Please visit my 2009 d'Feet ALS walk page:
          http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedp
          My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.