Re: Not so responsive for large files

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2009
      2009/12/2 Yi Wen:
      > Tried, also tried with different combinations of configuration
      > options, no luck. :(
      >
      > Used vim from MacPorts at the moment and it runs smoothly.

      Sorry, I don't know what the problem is...I'd recommend you stick with
      the latest snapshot.

    • Yi Wen
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2010
        I had to go all the way back toAug 2008's release to get back the
        speed. really strange. Do you think this has anything to do with
        leopard upgrade to SL and all that? Thanks

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
          On 1 February 2010 04:59, Yi Wen <hayafirst@...> wrote:
          > I had to go all the way back toAug 2008's release to get back the
          > speed. really strange. Do you think this has anything to do with
          > leopard upgrade to SL and all that? Thanks

          You still only have issues when compiling yourself, right?

        • Yi Wen
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
            Just to be sure, I reinstalled the snapshot on Nov 21st. No. it's very
            very slow. :(
            For what it worths, the system info shows: 64-bit Kernel and
            Extensions: No

            Thanks

            Yi

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
              On 1 February 2010 20:01, Yi Wen wrote:
              > Just to be sure, I reinstalled the snapshot on Nov 21st. No. it's very
              > very slow. :(
              > For what it worths, the system info shows: 64-bit Kernel and
              > Extensions:     No

              Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on. Have you followed the steps here:

              http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs

              Has anybody else run MacVim with a 64-bit kernel (not that I think
              that is the problem)? (I can't boot mine in 64 bit mode.)

            • Yi Wen
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2010
                I tried all steps but the first step. I will try that later.

                Mine, I think is actually not in 64 bits kennel, since 64-bit Kernel
                and Extensions show No

                Thanks

                Yi