Re: Filetype Icon for Markdown (mkd) files

  • Kamen Nedev
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
      Indeed, it is often hard to determine exactly what kind of file has
      the Markdown filetype. Any suffix you decide to use can do
      (.mkd, .markdown, .text, etc.). Also, the design philosophy behind
      Markdown was precisely that it was meant to be based on standard,
      plain text files. I find it fairly easy to read and edit plain text
      files with Markdown syntax, and only call the filetype plugin whenever
      I need to apply some kind of transformation, or export the file.

      So that could make a right mess out of using different filetype
      icons. Aside from the bundle size issue which Nico points out.

      Come to think of it, what (Mac)Vim needs is a more advanced, more
      fully-featured Markdown mode. Right now, I'm using Multi-markdown, and
      export by piping the file "manually" (a couple of keybindings).

      Best,

      Kamen