Re: Obviousmode. Highlight issue.

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
      On Oct 30, 10:08 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > MacVim changes the colorscheme in its system gvimrc file, but only if
      > you have not set another colorscheme manually.  However, the heuristic
      > to check if the colorscheme has changed will fail if you only modify
      > individual highlight entries which is why you are seeing this problem.
      >  Moving the highlight entries into your gvimrc will fix the problem.
      >
      > I never realized this problem was there.  Would you say that this
      > urgently require a fix?  (It should work if I source the MacVim
      > colorscheme in the system vimrc instead.  Will this cause other
      > problems?)
      >
      > Björn

      Why not leave the Vim colors at the compiled-in defaults? The MacVim
      help (or something) could always mention that, _for those who like
      it_, there is a "macvim" colorscheme available which is supposed to
      blend better with the Mac look-and-feel.

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      Arbitrary systems, pl.n.:
      Systems about which nothing general can be said, save "nothing