autoconf for Carbon Vim (v7)

  • Eric Y. Kow
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 6:57 AM
      Hi list,

      I'd like to propose v7 of my Mac OS X autoconf patch for vim. This
      version incorporates Peter Cucka's elegant suggestion for using the
      correct gui_mac.rsrc.

      1) extract vim 6.2: src extra lang
      apply patches vim 6.2.000 to 6.2.056 (works up to 071, i hear)

      2) extract the attached file
      cd vim62
      patch -p 1 < autoconf_macosx.diff
      cd src
      autoconf -o auto/configure

      3) ./configure; make; make install

      The resulting Vim.app is in the src directory. Please let me know if it
      works for you.

      Cheers,

      --eric

      --
      Eric Kow http://www.loria.fr/~kow
      French corrections welcome. Merci de corriger mon fran├žais.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7 8:53 AM
        Eric Kow wrote:

        > I'd like to propose v7 of my Mac OS X autoconf patch for vim. This
        > version incorporates Peter Cucka's elegant suggestion for using the
        > correct gui_mac.rsrc.
        >
        > 1) extract vim 6.2: src extra lang
        > apply patches vim 6.2.000 to 6.2.056 (works up to 071, i hear)
        >
        > 2) extract the attached file
        > cd vim62
        > patch -p 1 < autoconf_macosx.diff
        > cd src
        > autoconf -o auto/configure
        >
        > 3) ./configure; make; make install
        >
        > The resulting Vim.app is in the src directory. Please let me know if it
        > works for you.

        Thanks for making the update. Since I can now try out compiling Vim on
        my Powerbook, I'll include the changes and fix things I notice.
        Browsing through the text I already found a few things:

        - When no GUI is defined the "install" target doesn't work. Defining
        NONE_INSTALL should fix this.
        - A few changes for defining symbols like HAVE_PUTENV conflict with what
        autoconf detects. Best is to put these in "#ifndef HAVE_CONFIG_H".

        Anyway, I think this is the way to go on the long term. Thus it's best
        to include this and then continue to improve.

        What is the "infplist.xml" file for? Does it need to be included in the
        distribution?

        --
        MARTHA'S WAY: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes
        for future use in casseroles and sauces.

      • Eric Y. Kow
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7 11:16 AM
          Hi,

          > Thanks for making the update. Since I can now try out compiling Vim on
          > my Powerbook, I'll include the changes and fix things I notice.

          Ok. I'll leave the next version(s) of this patch to you :-)

          > What is the "infplist.xml" file for? Does it need to be included in the
          > distribution?

          This is used to create the Contents/Info.plist in the application
          bundle. I believe it is needed, but I don't know for sure.