Something Wrong With Input Method

  • linluxiang
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
      Hi Björn,
       I recently changed my MacVim from snapshot 45 to snapshop 50. And I found there was a bug in the new version.
      I am Chinese so I use Input Method to input Chinese in MacVim.
      1. I enter the normal mode with my Input Method on
      2. I press some key, such "o".
      3. The character "o" is received both by MacVim and Input Method.
      4. The MacVim execute command "o" and then start a new line.
      5. The mode changed from normal to IM Insert.
      (see screenshot 1)

      In snapshop 45, the character "o" is received only by the Input Method. And I think this is the right way. The version 50 maybe has a bug.

      Thx.

      -----------------------------------
      Where Python Happens!

    • Kazuki Sakamoto
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
        Hi,

        On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM, linluxiang <linluxiang@...> wrote:
        > In snapshop 45, the character "o" is received only by the Input Method. And I think this is the right way. The version 50 maybe has a bug.

        Please try the following in Terminal.app.

        $ defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMUseInlineIm 0

        sakamoto

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
          2009/11/11 linluxiang>

          > Hi Björn,
          >  I recently changed my MacVim from snapshot 45 to snapshop 50. And I found there was a bug in the new version.
          > I am Chinese so I use Input Method to input Chinese in MacVim.
          > 1. I enter the normal mode with my Input Method on
          > 2. I press some key, such "o".
          > 3. The character "o" is received both by MacVim and Input Method.
          > 4. The MacVim execute command "o" and then start a new line.
          > 5. The mode changed from normal to IM Insert.
          > (see screenshot 1)
          > In snapshop 45, the character "o" is received only by the Input Method. And I think this is the right way. The version 50 maybe has a bug.

          Indeed, that looks like a bug and I'll take a look at it. In the
          meantime you can follow Sakamoto's tip to revert back to the old IM
          code and things should work the way they did in snap 45.

          Thanks for the report,

        • linluxiang
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
            Hi

            > Please try the following in Terminal.app.
            >
            > $ defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMUseInlineIm 0

            Thanks very much.
            It work well now.
            Where Python Happens!