Re: irritating console messages on SL

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
      2009/11/9 Michael Guntsche:

      > On 2009.11.09 20:45:19 , björn wrote:
      >> For the time being I've removed the offending object from MainMenu.nib
      >> so that this warning won't pop up anymore (I would have done this much
      >> sooner, but Apple in their infinite wisdom have disabled the
      >> possibility to save ver.2 nib files [which MacVim uses] in the Snow
      >> Leopard version of Interface Builder so I had to use another computer
      >> to patch this).
      >
      > Why not update to Sparkle 1.5b6? I know that it is still labeled as beta
      > but a lot of applications are already using it and apparently Andy is
      > also telling people to use it instead of the old stable version.
      > As an additional plus it already contains a 64bit x86_64 version of the
      > library. For testing I just replaced the the framework in the source
      > with the new beta and I no longer get any errors.

      Hi Michael,

      Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the problem with the 1.5b6
      binary is exactly that it _does_ contain the x86_64 binary -- if you
      try to compile on Tiger, Xcode fails because it does not know how to
      cope with it! (At some stage Xcode tries to strip unnecessary
      information out of the linked binary and at that time it fails.)

      The solution seems to somehow only include Sparkle when building a
      snapshot, but I have yet to come up with a good way to accomplish
      this.