Re: Obviousmode. Highlight issue.

  • thbkrshw
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
      Thanks Kent, that's solve the issue for me :)

      On Oct 29, 11:08 pm, Kent Sibilev <ksr...@...> wrote:
      > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM, thbkrshw <thbkr...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi everybody!
      >
      > > I've got an issue with the Obviousmode plugin (http://www.vim.org/
      > > scripts/script.php?script_id=2212). It allows the user to see visually
      > > in which mode he is.
      >
      > > In Terminal.app or iTerm.app, I correctly see my statusline red
      > > coloring when I switch to insert mode, but in MacVim.app, nothing
      > > change. I try to figure the problem out by seeking in the highlight
      > > help, but I didn't get a clue.
      >
      > > Have you got a solution ?
      >
      > That's what I have in my .vimrc file:
      >
      > let g:obviousModeInsertHi = 'term=reverse ctermbg=52 guibg=#660000'
      > let g:obviousModeCmdwinHi = 'term=reverse ctermbg=22 guibg=#660000'
      >
      > Kent
    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
        On Oct 30, 10:08 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
        [...]
        > MacVim changes the colorscheme in its system gvimrc file, but only if
        > you have not set another colorscheme manually.  However, the heuristic
        > to check if the colorscheme has changed will fail if you only modify
        > individual highlight entries which is why you are seeing this problem.
        >  Moving the highlight entries into your gvimrc will fix the problem.
        >
        > I never realized this problem was there.  Would you say that this
        > urgently require a fix?  (It should work if I source the MacVim
        > colorscheme in the system vimrc instead.  Will this cause other
        > problems?)
        >
        > Björn

        Why not leave the Vim colors at the compiled-in defaults? The MacVim
        help (or something) could always mention that, _for those who like
        it_, there is a "macvim" colorscheme available which is supposed to
        blend better with the Mac look-and-feel.

        Best regards,
        Tony.
        --
        Arbitrary systems, pl.n.:
        Systems about which nothing general can be said, save "nothing