Re: Cannot compile on Snow Leopard with Ruby support

  • Arseni Buinitsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      > It sounds like you're using a case-senstive filesystem.  Is that correct?
      Yes, I do use case-sensitive fs

      > In that case, is it not enough to simply edit if_ruby.c as you've done
      > in the patch above?
      I rechecked, and this is actually enough, sorry.

      > (I assumed all framework includes started with a
      > capital letter, but it seems "ruby.h" is an exception.)
      In my case all includes in ruby framework start with lowercase.

      > Lastly, can you tell me what the RUBY_* flags inside
      > src/auto/config.mk look like for you (there should be a "-framework
      > Ruby" flag in there but I can't see it in the output from "make" that
      > you provided).
      RUBY = /usr/bin/ruby
      RUBY_SRC = if_ruby.c
      RUBY_OBJ = objects/if_ruby.o
      RUBY_PRO = if_ruby.pro
      RUBY_CFLAGS = -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/
      usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin10.0
      RUBY_LIBS = -framework Ruby

      --
      Arseni <jazzcat> Buinitsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
        2009/11/4 Arseni Buinitsky:

        >> It sounds like you're using a case-senstive filesystem.  Is that correct?
        > Yes, I do use case-sensitive fs
        >
        >> In that case, is it not enough to simply edit if_ruby.c as you've done
        >> in the patch above?
        > I rechecked, and this is actually enough, sorry.
        >
        >> (I assumed all framework includes started with a
        >> capital letter, but it seems "ruby.h" is an exception.)
        > In my case all includes in ruby framework start with lowercase.
        >
        >> Lastly, can you tell me what the RUBY_* flags inside
        >> src/auto/config.mk look like for you (there should be a "-framework
        >> Ruby" flag in there but I can't see it in the output from "make" that
        >> you provided).
        > RUBY            = /usr/bin/ruby
        > RUBY_SRC        = if_ruby.c
        > RUBY_OBJ        = objects/if_ruby.o
        > RUBY_PRO        = if_ruby.pro
        > RUBY_CFLAGS     = -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/
        > usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin10.0
        > RUBY_LIBS       = -framework Ruby

        Thanks for the reply, I'll patch this right away.