Snapshot 50 window position

  • Zvezdan Petkovic
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2009
      Snapshot 50 has a regression in remembering the window position.

      - There are two screens (laptop screen and an external monitor)
      - The first MacVim window is positioned anywhere on the external monitor
      - Quit MacVim
      - Start MacVim again
      - MacVim opens on the last position used on the laptop screen

      Snapshot 49 used to remember the position on the external monitor and
      opened there when restarted.

      Snapshot 50 remembers the positions only on the main laptop screen.

      I see from the release announcement that one of the changes introduced
      in Snapshot 50 is that it remembers the size of the first window in
      lines. Could this change cause this regression in behavior regarding
      the window position?

      Also, a minor change is that Snapshot 50 was not even offered as an
      update for Snapshot 49. After installation, Snapshot 50 switched off
      upgrade check option.

      Best regards,

      Zvezdan

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2009
        2009/10/27 Zvezdan Petkovic:

        > Snapshot 50 has a regression in remembering the window position.
        >
        > - There are two screens (laptop screen and an external monitor)
        > - The first MacVim window is positioned anywhere on the external monitor
        > - Quit MacVim
        > - Start MacVim again
        > - MacVim opens on the last position used on the laptop screen
        >
        > Snapshot 49 used to remember the position on the external monitor and
        > opened there when restarted.
        >
        > Snapshot 50 remembers the positions only on the main laptop screen.

        I can confirm this bug. I'll fix it straight away.

        > I see from the release announcement that one of the changes introduced
        > in Snapshot 50 is that it remembers the size of the first window in
        > lines.  Could this change cause this regression in behavior regarding
        > the window position?

        I did some modifications to the window tiling algorithm which is when
        the bug was introduced.

        > Also, a minor change is that Snapshot 50 was not even offered as an
        > update for Snapshot 49.  After installation, Snapshot 50 switched off
        > upgrade check option.

        I have mentioned this several times -- search the archives if you're
        interested in the details. Basically I am having problems getting
        Sparkle to work across all platforms so I disabled it temporarily.

        Thanks for the report,