Re: autoconf for Carbon Vim

  • Rain Dog
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 07:53 AM, Eric Y. Kow wrote:

      > [...] had a chance to try this patch out?
      >
      > Its two effects are to use autoconf and create a completely standalone
      > Vim.app (including the runtime files).

      It works nicely for me, FWIW. Thanks for doing this, it's a big
      improvement (especially putting the runtime files inside the
      application bundle).

      From the patch:

      > it is only an assumption that gui_mac.r was used to make
      > gui_mac.rsrc... is this really the case?

      Actually, os_mac.rsr.hqx is the source of gui_mac.rsrc.
      There was some discussion a while ago (see, for example,
      < http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-mac&m=105421514902623&w=2 >
      and < http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-mac&m=105422680116437&w=2 >)
      about whether to add a makefile rule to do the extraction.

      Peter