Re: can I change the display font?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2000
      Robert Link wrote:

      > I've got my monitor settings set such that the defaults in vimppc are
      > just too small. Can I use other fonts (if so, how) or should I give
      > up and go back to 800x600 on the monitor? Thanks!!

      I tried

      :set guifont

      and vimppc told me "guifont=courier:h12" so I tried

      :set guifont=courier:h14

      and it worked fine. If you can figure out what other fixed-width fonts
      you have installed, you should be able to use any of them. On other platforms,

      :set guifont=*

      brings up a window for choosing a font, but this does not seem to be
      implemented on the mac. If you care, various people have
      recommendations for where to find other fixed-width fonts, but Courier
      is good enough for me.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2000
        On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:40:31AM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
        :
        : Robert Link wrote:
        : >
        : > I've got my monitor settings set such that the defaults in vimppc are
        : > just too small. Can I use other fonts (if so, how) or should I give
        : > up and go back to 800x600 on the monitor? Thanks!!

        [...]

        : If you care, various people have
        : recommendations for where to find other fixed-width fonts, but Courier
        : is good enough for me.

        I recommend getting ProFont. It's a replacement for Courier, and it is
        much more programmer-friendly (e.g. zeroes have slashes, capital 'i' has
        wider horizonal bars and is easier to distinguish from '1').

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...