Re: MacVim 64/32 bit, Intel, 10.5+ to test

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 7, 2009
      2009/10/7 Adam Mercer:

      > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 16:09, björn wrote:
      >
      >> Yes!  That is Sparkle complaining -- the version that I build against
      >> doesn't have a 64bit binary.  I am thinking that I'll be forced to
      >> update to the Sparkle 1.5 beta...
      >
      > I dropped the 1.5b6 Sparkle.framework in and rebuilt, works without
      > issue on 64bit SL.

      Yeah, I tried this too...unfortunately this causes MacVim to no longer
      build on Tiger because Xcode (on Tiger) doesn't know how to cope with
      the x86_64 binary that's in Sparkle 1.5b6.

      I then tried adding Sparkle as a git submodule, but that means one has
      to poke around with "git submodule" just to build MacVim, which is
      ridiculous since Sparkle should not be a required dependency. So,
      then I went on to try to only build Sparkle if the submodule has been
      initialized but as far as I can tell this is not possible in Xcode.
      *sigh* So, I then went on to trying to make a script to manually
      build Sparkle and this turned out to be rather complicated so I ran
      out of time.

      At the moment I'm not really sure what to do about Sparkle -- it is
      the only thing holding me back from releasing a new snapshot and I
      just don't have the time and energy to much around with trying to get
      it to build in a nice way. For the moment I may end up removing it
      from the repo and only add it to my local branch that I use to build
      the snapshot. I don't particularly like this solution either, but its
      better than nothing...

      Suggestions or help with this problem would be appreciated.