PHP-Indent

  • juz.ooi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
      Greetings,

      Before i start, i apologize if the coming question is stupid. But am
      out of my wits.

      I have recently downloaded macvim and started learning PHP. The syntax
      highlighting is great, but it does not format/beautify the codes as i
      type. I had tried google-ing, and found this PHP-correct-indenting by
      John Wellesz. Went into the indent folder of macvim and found that it
      is already there.

      Am i missing something here? Some commands or settings?

      P.S The version of macvim is the latest, MacVim-7_2-stable-1_2. Did
      not change any config at all.

      Cheers,
      Juz

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
        2009/10/2 juz.ooi:

        > I have recently downloaded macvim and started learning PHP. The syntax
        > highlighting is great, but it does not format/beautify the codes as i
        > type. I had tried google-ing, and found this PHP-correct-indenting by
        > John Wellesz. Went into the indent folder of macvim and found that it
        > is already there.
        >
        > Am i missing something here? Some commands or settings?

        Hi Juz,

        I think all we be well if you simply add this line to your ~/.vimrc file:

        filetype plugin indent on

        (You'll have to create that file if it doesn't already exist.)

      • juz.ooi
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
          That worked like a magic charm!

          Thank you very much :)