Re: MacVim 64/32 bit, Intel, 10.5+ to test

  • Kazuki Sakamoto
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2009

      On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:21 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > I've pushed a fix to the repo.
      > Sakamoto: Please see if it fixes the problem for you as well.

      It worked properly with wide characters on Leopard and Snow Leopard,
      Thank you for your quick fix!

      sakamoto

    • Keyan
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2009

        i tested MacVim a few weeks ago, and liked it. The only problem i had
        was that MacVim would ignore :winp settings. but i just read about the
        fullscreen, which is even better in my case. so, i switched :)

        thanks,
        Keyan

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2009
          2009/10/2 Keyan:

          > i tested MacVim a few weeks ago, and liked it. The only problem i had
          > was that MacVim would ignore :winp settings. but i just read about the
          > fullscreen, which is even better in my case. so, i switched :)

          I'm curious: why do you need :winp? MacVim automatically saves the
          window position (and size as well these days) of the first window that
          you open and that is at least enough for my purposes. Understanding
          why :winp is useful may give me more of a reason to implement it
          (although I was hoping somebody interested would send me a patch).

        • Adam Mercer
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 7, 2009
            On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 16:09, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

            > Yes!  That is Sparkle complaining -- the version that I build against
            > doesn't have a 64bit binary.  I am thinking that I'll be forced to
            > update to the Sparkle 1.5 beta...

            I dropped the 1.5b6 Sparkle.framework in and rebuilt, works without
            issue on 64bit SL.

            Cheers

            Adam

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 7, 2009
              2009/10/7 Adam Mercer:

              > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 16:09, björn wrote:
              >
              >> Yes!  That is Sparkle complaining -- the version that I build against
              >> doesn't have a 64bit binary.  I am thinking that I'll be forced to
              >> update to the Sparkle 1.5 beta...
              >
              > I dropped the 1.5b6 Sparkle.framework in and rebuilt, works without
              > issue on 64bit SL.

              Yeah, I tried this too...unfortunately this causes MacVim to no longer
              build on Tiger because Xcode (on Tiger) doesn't know how to cope with
              the x86_64 binary that's in Sparkle 1.5b6.

              I then tried adding Sparkle as a git submodule, but that means one has
              to poke around with "git submodule" just to build MacVim, which is
              ridiculous since Sparkle should not be a required dependency. So,
              then I went on to try to only build Sparkle if the submodule has been
              initialized but as far as I can tell this is not possible in Xcode.
              *sigh* So, I then went on to trying to make a script to manually
              build Sparkle and this turned out to be rather complicated so I ran
              out of time.

              At the moment I'm not really sure what to do about Sparkle -- it is
              the only thing holding me back from releasing a new snapshot and I
              just don't have the time and energy to much around with trying to get
              it to build in a nice way. For the moment I may end up removing it
              from the repo and only add it to my local branch that I use to build
              the snapshot. I don't particularly like this solution either, but its
              better than nothing...

              Suggestions or help with this problem would be appreciated.