can I change the display font?

  • Robert Link
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2000
        Robert Link wrote:

        > I've got my monitor settings set such that the defaults in vimppc are
        > just too small. Can I use other fonts (if so, how) or should I give
        > up and go back to 800x600 on the monitor? Thanks!!

        I tried

        :set guifont

        and vimppc told me "guifont=courier:h12" so I tried

        :set guifont=courier:h14

        and it worked fine. If you can figure out what other fixed-width fonts
        you have installed, you should be able to use any of them. On other platforms,

        :set guifont=*

        brings up a window for choosing a font, but this does not seem to be
        implemented on the mac. If you care, various people have
        recommendations for where to find other fixed-width fonts, but Courier
        is good enough for me.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Eugene Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2000
          On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:40:31AM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
          :
          : Robert Link wrote:
          : >
          : > I've got my monitor settings set such that the defaults in vimppc are
          : > just too small. Can I use other fonts (if so, how) or should I give
          : > up and go back to 800x600 on the monitor? Thanks!!

          [...]

          : If you care, various people have
          : recommendations for where to find other fixed-width fonts, but Courier
          : is good enough for me.

          I recommend getting ProFont. It's a replacement for Courier, and it is
          much more programmer-friendly (e.g. zeroes have slashes, capital 'i' has
          wider horizonal bars and is easier to distinguish from '1').

          --
          Eugene Lee
          eugene@...