remote-tab-silent not working

  • nerdrew@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2009
      I want to execute: `/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g --
      remote-tab-silent <file[s]>` and have it open the files in new tabs
      without complaining if MacVim isn't already running. Instead, it
      prints an error message if MacVim is not running. The error I get is:
      "E???: No connection to MacVim, server listing not possible." It works
      fine once MacVim is running. I'm running MacVim Snapshot 49 (7.2.245)
      on 10.6.

      Thanks in advance for any help,
      Andrew

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2009
        2009/9/11 nerdrew@...:

        > I want to execute: `/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g --
        > remote-tab-silent <file[s]>` and have it open the files in new tabs
        > without complaining if MacVim isn't already running. Instead, it
        > prints an error message if MacVim is not running. The error I get is:
        > "E???: No connection to MacVim, server listing not possible." It works
        > fine once MacVim is running. I'm running MacVim Snapshot 49 (7.2.245)
        > on 10.6.

        Ok, that is kind of annoying. I'll kill that message (I can't see any
        realistic situation where it would actually be informative).