Re: Building MacVim in 10.6

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2009
      2009/9/6 Jjgod Jiang:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am trying to build MacVim under 10.6. I already pulled the most
      > recent version from git (4e4be050dd9a399590232327800a663f08103d3d),
      > I already cleaned up everything with xcodebuild clean and make clean
      > under icons/, but I'm still getting this error:
      > - snip -
      >  File "/Users/jjgod/Codes/objc/MacVim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py",
      > line 57, in data
      >    raise Exception("Unsupported image format")
      > Exception: Unsupported image format
      > make: *** [MacVim-generic.icns] Error 1

      This is the same error as discussed in the previous thread "Snow
      Leopard drops MacOSX10.4u.sdk SDK -- MacVim won't build on 10.6" with
      two workarounds detailed there.

      > BTW, Do we really have to regenerate that every time we build?

      Good question -- I was thinking this myself. I think it would be
      better to generate the icons into the icons/ folder and if they
      already exist, simply copy them into the app bundle. This way
      problems such as this would be much easier to work around (just copy
      the icons from somewhere else into the icons/ folder and build...I
      could for instance put them up for download on the Google code page).

      Would anybody be willing to help out by fixing the makefile to accomplish this?