Re: make install broken?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
      2009/9/3 Stephan Steinbach:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I like to use [mac]vim in both the gui (-g) and regular mode.
      > However, when I make, then xcodebuild and make install, and then run
      > vim I just make-installed, I get a vim startup error message:
      > ~ > vim foo.py
      > E254: Cannot allocate color Red
      > -snip-
      >
      > Is there any way to make install in a way that also works with macvim?

      Hi Stephan,

      Due to the fact that the build process for MacVim is divided into two
      steps (make + xcodebuild) I never bothered with trying to get "make
      install" to work. Getting it to work would require a bit of an effort
      (to me anyway, since I am not very proficient with the GNU build
      tools).

      If anybody feels like patching src/Makefile (so that "make" calls
      xcodebuild, and "make install" copies to whatever --prefix is set to
      [should be /Applications by default]), then I'd be happy to merge the
      patch.