New user - question about tabs

  • Ernest Obusek
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
      New user - question about tabs In tabs, I see this for the file arg.h:  “i/arg.h”, which I read somewhere that I can’t find now is a shortened form of the directory name.  So, OK, but can I turn that off?  It looks so weird to me.  I don’t need the path there at all.

      By the way, thank you for creating this version of vim!  Finally a vim that feels right on a Mac.

      Thanks,

      Ernest

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
        2009/9/3 Ernest Obusek:
        > In tabs, I see this for the file arg.h:  “i/arg.h”, which I read somewhere
        > that I can’t find now is a shortened form of the directory name.  So, OK,
        > but can I turn that off?  It looks so weird to me.  I don’t need the path
        > there at all.
        >
        > By the way, thank you for creating this version of vim!  Finally a vim that
        > feels right on a Mac.

        Hi Ernest,

        One option would be to just download the snapshot -- it has changed
        the way tabs are displayed by default.

        Otherwise all you need to do is to modify the 'guitablabel' option.
        See ":h guitablabel" for more info. The snapshot uses this setting:

        set guitablabel=%M%t