Re: Snow Leopard drops MacOSX10.4u.sdk SDK -- MacVim won't build on 10.6

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 2, 2009
      Am 02.09.2009 um 18:03 schrieb björn:

      > 2009/9/2 Axel Kielhorn:
      >>
      >> Am 02.09.2009 um 03:36 schrieb björn:
      >>>
      >>> If anybody builds MacVim on 10.5 or 10.4, please let me know if it
      >>> still works or if I inadvertently broke something in the process.
      >>>
      >>> Note: you will have to reconfigure (./configure ...) and clean the
      >>> entire project for all the patches to work.
      >>
      >> I removed the build folder from MacVIm
      >>
      >> xcodebuild leads to:
      >>
      >> -snip-
      >
      > Uh, where is the actual error? The output from xcodebuild is
      > semi-impossible to read but as far as I can tell that output did not
      > include the error messages. It may help if you open Xcode and build
      > from there, then look in the build window (Cmd-Shift-b).

      Sorry, please see the attached file.

      Axel

      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 15, 2009
        2009/10/15 Ernst <ernstjaarsma@...>:

        > In September you sugested to build MacVim from source on Snow Leopard;
        > but I waited until it would install via the MacPorts package manager.
        > Because that still doesn't work I'm considering building from source
        > after all. Do you know when MacVim will work in MacPorts?

        Hi Ernst,

        The easiest would be to download the latest snapshot:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

        unless you need to configure special features (although the snapshot
        contains the most common ones) in which case it is quite easy to build
        your own. Just follow the build instructions:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building