MacVim on Snow Leopard

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009

      Just a heads-up to Snow Leopard users:

      http://b4winckler.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/macvim-on-snow-leopard/

      Note: I will remove this binary when I build a snapshot, but at the
      moment I am a bit too busy to do so.

    • Adam Mercer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
        On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 07:59, björn<bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        Björn

        > Just a heads-up to Snow Leopard users:
        >
        > http://b4winckler.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/macvim-on-snow-leopard/
        >
        > Note: I will remove this binary when I build a snapshot, but at the
        > moment I am a bit too busy to do so.

        Thanks, I've noticed that this is 32bit and your recent commit to the
        repo seems that you've disabled building it 64bit. Is this due to
        Carbon calls that haven't been transitioned to 64bit or is there
        another reason? And are there any plans to fix this in the future?

        Cheers

        Adam

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
          2009/9/2 Adam Mercer:

          > Thanks, I've noticed that this is 32bit and your recent commit to the
          > repo seems that you've disabled building it 64bit. Is this due to
          > Carbon calls that haven't been transitioned to 64bit or is there
          > another reason? And are there any plans to fix this in the future?

          No, it is due to lack of time on my behalf: the Vim binary built as 64
          bit but the MacVim binary built as 32 bit and I have not yet
          investigated why. To quickly fix this I simply built the Vim binary
          as 32 bit.

        • Adam Mercer
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
            On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 09:01, björn<bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

            > No, it is due to lack of time on my behalf: the Vim binary built as 64
            > bit but the MacVim binary built as 32 bit and I have not yet
            > investigated why.  To quickly fix this I simply built the Vim binary
            > as 32 bit.

            I know what thats like, thanks for the update.

            Cheers

            Adam