About Animals

  • rohaan pervez
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hey guys....
      I`ve created my web site in which i tried to made it informative about
      animals
      I`ve added a variety of animals,their mode of life,their prey,their
      habitats,their characterstics etc.....
      please visit,comment and subscribe
      I will try my level best to improve it

      Regards,
      Rohaan

      http://tour2animals.blogspot.com/

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
        I have no idea how this spam appeared on vim_mac. I am a manager
        for the Vim groups (actually, the only manager for vim_mac,
        apart from Bram who naturally does not get involved in
        moderating messages).

        Google Groups has had a dramatic increase in spam in the last
        few days, with over 40 spam attempts to the Vim groups in the
        last three days (a spammer creates an account then sends a
        message to a group; that message appears in a moderation queue
        for a manager to approve or reject).

        Anyway, I am certain that I clicked the "Spam" button in the
        management interface for this particular message, yet it was
        sent to the group (I have deleted it from the Google Groups
        archive). The gmail servers have been experiencing problems
        lately; perhaps some overload condition caused the Google Groups
        system to malfunction.

        I'm telling you all this to work off some steam: I am beginning
        to think that Google Groups is a bit of a disaster because it is
        too attractive and easy a target for spammers.

        John

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2009
          On Sep 2, 12:54 pm, "John Beckett" <johnb.beck...@...> wrote:
          > I have no idea how this spam appeared on vim_mac. I am a manager
          > for the Vim groups (actually, the only manager for vim_mac,
          > apart from Bram who naturally does not get involved in
          > moderating messages).
          >
          > Google Groups has had a dramatic increase in spam in the last
          > few days, with over 40 spam attempts to the Vim groups in the
          > last three days (a spammer creates an account then sends a
          > message to a group; that message appears in a moderation queue
          > for a manager to approve or reject).
          >
          > Anyway, I am certain that I clicked the "Spam" button in the
          > management interface for this particular message, yet it was
          > sent to the group (I have deleted it from the Google Groups
          > archive). The gmail servers have been experiencing problems
          > lately; perhaps some overload condition caused the Google Groups
          > system to malfunction.
          >
          > I'm telling you all this to work off some steam: I am beginning
          > to think that Google Groups is a bit of a disaster because it is
          > too attractive and easy a target for spammers.
          >
          > John

          Steam locomotives (when they existed, and wherever they still exist)
          always have a safety valve, and it's for a reason. Let steam build up
          too much pressure, and you burst.

          Spam is a nuisance, and I think it is more obvious every day that,
          like some diseases (AIDS, epilepsy, malignant cancerous tumors,
          multiple sclerosis, ...), you can treat it some, but you can't win it
          over. John, if it weren't for you, I don't know in what shape the Vim
          groups would be. I also know that nobody's perfect: not me, not you,
          not the Google people, nobody. Let's just each fill up our own tasks
          as best we can, and hope for the better.

          Best regards,
          Tony.
          --
          Do you realize how many holes there could be if people would just take
          the time to take the dirt out of them?