Re: Snow Leopard drops MacOSX10.4u.sdk SDK -- MacVim won't build on 10.6

    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 1, 2009
      2009/9/1 björn:

      > Anyway, I'm focussing on the rest of the compilations problems (seems
      > like the scrollbars never appear, lots of compilation warnings, etc.,
      > I'll post again when this is fixed).

      I've pushed a whole set of patches to address various Snow Leopard
      issues. MacVim compiles and runs fine on Snow Leopard now, bar the
      problem with the icon generation. It is possible to work around this
      issue by commenting out certain lines in the docerator.py script as
      I've mentioned previously (in this thread) in case somebody wants to
      build MacVim on 10.6.

      ATSUI is disabled on 10.6 for now (still there for 10.5 and 10.4). If
      Jiang manages to get it working I'll put it back in, otherwise I will
      try to merge the CoreText branch when I get a chance (read: in several
      weeks, or even months time). At any rate, the CoreText renderer works
      so it is always possible to pull the feat/core-text branch to try it
      out.

      If anybody builds MacVim on 10.5 or 10.4, please let me know if it
      still works or if I inadvertently broke something in the process.

      Note: you will have to reconfigure (./configure ...) and clean the
      entire project for all the patches to work.

      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 15, 2009
        2009/10/15 Ernst <ernstjaarsma@...>:

        > In September you sugested to build MacVim from source on Snow Leopard;
        > but I waited until it would install via the MacPorts package manager.
        > Because that still doesn't work I'm considering building from source
        > after all. Do you know when MacVim will work in MacPorts?

        Hi Ernst,

        The easiest would be to download the latest snapshot:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

        unless you need to configure special features (although the snapshot
        contains the most common ones) in which case it is quite easy to build
        your own. Just follow the build instructions:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building