Re: Snow Leopard drops MacOSX10.4u.sdk SDK -- MacVim won't build on 10.6

    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 1, 2009
      2009/9/1 Nico Weber:

      >> NSBitmapImageRep 0x104a210a0 Size={128, 128} ColorSpace=(not yet
      >> loaded) BPS=8 BPP=(not yet loaded) Pixels=128x128 Alpha=YES Planar=NO
      >> Format=(not yet loaded) CurrentBacking=nil (faulting)
      >
      > Interesting. Does SL load images lazily? Just to make sure, what's the
      > output of
      >
      >     ls -l /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/
      > Resources/GenericDocumentIcon.icns
      >
      > ? But since the size seems to be set, that file should be there? If
      > so, I have to do some digging… :-/

      I just installed Snow Leopard myself. Here is what I found out:

      Uncomment the test for format that caused the error on line 58 and it
      asserts a little later:

      /usr/bin/python make_icons.py .
      MacVim-cpp
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "make_icons.py", line 198, in <module>
      main()
      File "make_icons.py", line 190, in main
      textrenderer=SmallTextRenderer, backgroundrenderer=NoIconRenderer)
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      561, in makedocicon
      makedocicon_opts(optsFromDict(**kwargs))
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      537, in makedocicon_opts
      icons = dict([(s, renderer.createIconAtSize(s)) for s in sizes])
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      516, in createIconAtSize
      return createIcon(s, self.bgRenderer, self.textRenderer, self.testtext)
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      365, in createIcon
      output = bg.backgroundAtSize(s).copy()
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      204, in backgroundAtSize
      self.drawAtSize(s)
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      194, in drawAtSize
      self.bgRenderer.groundAtSize(s).draw()
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      147, in groundAtSize
      self._performSplit(s)
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      161, in _performSplit
      ground, shadow = splitGenericDocumentIcon(self.unsplitted, s)
      File "/Users/winckler/macvim/src/MacVim/icons/docerator.py", line
      242, in splitGenericDocumentIcon
      assert ir == ig == ib
      AssertionError
      make: *** [MacVim-generic.icns] Error 1

      Ok. So I comment out the assertion (what's going on here...if
      alpha=255 then r=g=b is supposed to hold...but why?) and the script
      works. But...the icons come out looking strange:

      http://bjorn.winckler.googlepages.com/BROKEN-MacVim-vim.icns.zip

      Nico: any clue what's going on. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

      Anyway, I'm focussing on the rest of the compilations problems (seems
      like the scrollbars never appear, lots of compilation warnings, etc.,
      I'll post again when this is fixed).

      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 15, 2009
        2009/10/15 Ernst <ernstjaarsma@...>:

        > In September you sugested to build MacVim from source on Snow Leopard;
        > but I waited until it would install via the MacPorts package manager.
        > Because that still doesn't work I'm considering building from source
        > after all. Do you know when MacVim will work in MacPorts?

        Hi Ernst,

        The easiest would be to download the latest snapshot:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

        unless you need to configure special features (although the snapshot
        contains the most common ones) in which case it is quite easy to build
        your own. Just follow the build instructions:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building