Drop to window

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2003
      Gvim on MacOSX does not accept droped file to the window. I try to
      improve on this point. Please test attached patch, if you can.

      Thanks.
      ----
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2003
        At 0:59 Uhr +0900 2003-08-15, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
        >Gvim on MacOSX does not accept droped file to the window. I try to
        >improve on this point. Please test attached patch, if you can.

        The patch applies with an offset on 6.2.068 but CW complains about:

        Warning : function has no prototype
        gui_mac.c line 2656 {

        Error : cannot convert
        'char *' to
        'unsigned char *'
        gui_mac.c line 2720 add_to_input_buf(" ", 1);

        Error : cannot convert
        'unsigned char *' to
        'char *'
        gui_mac.c line 2738 if (mch_chdir(fnames[0]) == 0)

        Error : cannot convert
        'short (*)(struct GrafPort *, void *, struct OpaqueDragRef *)' to
        'struct RoutineDescriptor *'
        gui_mac.c line 2853 InstallReceiveHandler(receiveHandler,
        gui.VimWindow, NULL);
      • MURAOKA Taro
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2003
          Thank you very much.
          I'm very glad to get report for CW which I can't test.
          Based on your report, I have fixed and created a new patch.
          Please try attached one, instead of previous.
          ----
          MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

          > The patch applies with an offset on 6.2.068 but CW complains about:
          (snip)
          > using MacOS 8.6, CW Pro 2
        • Axel Kielhorn
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2003
            At 16:58 Uhr +0900 2003-08-16, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
            >Thank you very much.
            >I'm very glad to get report for CW which I can't test.
            >Based on your report, I have fixed and created a new patch.
            >Please try attached one, instead of previous.

            This time you did the diff in src, I had to add "src/" do the filenames first.
            The patch applied with an offset of 2 to 6.2.071 and compiled fine,
            but I got some linking errors.

            I had to add "dragLib" to fix them.

            After that it links fine and seems to work as usual. But when I drop
            a file into the Vim window, I get a complete crash.

            Since this means a reboot on OS 8.6 I'll leave debugging to someone
            with a better environment.

            Axel