Re: stop new windo from tiling?

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2009
      On Aug 17, 9:23 pm, pixelterra <r...@...> wrote:
      > When I hit cmd+n I get a new window. However they always tile, so that
      > after 3 new windows, the window is partially off the screen. And I
      > have to use my mouse (ewe) to move it back to visible.
      >
      > Any way to change this behavior. This doens't happen in Firefox...

      In addition to all that has already been suggested, another
      possibility would be to change _your_ behaviour, and use ":new" or
      ":sview" (or :tabedit or :tab sview) to open a new window (or a new
      tab) in the existing gvim, rather than a new gvim screen using Cmd-n

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      On his first day as a bus driver, Maxey Eckstein handed in
      receipts of $65. The next day his take was $67. The third day's