Re: Panther?

  • ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2003
      Jason McIntosh wrote:
      > As an aside to that, for those who use the command line, if you setup a
      > shell script with the following:
      > #!/bin/bash
      > /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g $1 &

      Throwing my knowledge of unix scripting in, I'd make it like

      #!/bin/sh (never rely on bash except when you really want to use some of
      its additional features!)
      /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g "$@" &

      This will allow you to start a separate instance of vim for several files,
      file names with quoted spaces included, like
      mvim file1.txt "this has spaces.txt"

      Greetings,
      Ripley (Still stuck with Classic OS on my G3 due to the Formac TV card and
      some other software that'll not run on OS X (at least not with 10.1))
    • Emily Jackson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2003
        At 4:00 AM -0500 on Saturday, August 2, 2003, ripley@...-
        berlin.de <ripley@...-berlin.de> wrote:

        >Jason McIntosh wrote:
        >> As an aside to that, for those who use the command line, if you setup a
        >> shell script with the following:
        >> #!/bin/bash
        >> /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g $1 &
        >
        >Throwing my knowledge of unix scripting in, I'd make it like
        >
        >#!/bin/sh (never rely on bash except when you really want to use some of
        > its additional features!)
        >/Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g "$@" &
        >
        >This will allow you to start a separate instance of vim for several files,
        >file names with quoted spaces included, like
        >mvim file1.txt "this has spaces.txt"

        On my copy of Vim (6.2.056), this script just opens each file in a
        separate buffer instead of in a separate instance of Vim (each file in
        its own window).

        Emily