MacVim support for +xim

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
      Hi all,

      I have merged the feat/input branch into master now which, as I
      mentioned a while back, means better keyboard support and also better
      support for using non-English languages. In the process I noticed
      that there is already support for inline IM for GTK so I sat down and
      tried to make this work for MacVim as well. The code is in the
      feat/inline-im branch and as far as I can tell it works pretty well --
      it is far nicer than the current IM handling.

      What is the difference? Well, the feat/inline-im branch delegates the
      drawing of "marked text" to Vim instead of drawing it on top of the
      current text. Basically, MacVim now works much like TextEdit when
      using input sources such as Kotoeri.

      I'll leave this code in the feat/inline-im branch for a week or so and
      then I'll merge it into master and release a new snapshot (i.e. next
      weekend, or the one after that at the latest). If anybody feels like
      testing it before then, please pull the feat/inline-im branch and be
      sure to let me know how it goes. I'd really appreciate if the CJK
      users of MacVim try this out since I can only do very limited testing
      myself (I can't write/read those languages).

    • Kazuki Sakamoto
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
        Hi Björn,

        On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:38 AM, björn<bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        > What is the difference?  Well, the feat/inline-im branch delegates the
        > drawing of "marked text" to Vim instead of drawing it on top of the
        > current text.  Basically, MacVim now works much like TextEdit when
        > using input sources such as Kotoeri.

        I have tried it with Kotoeri and Japanese. It works fine!
        "marked text" is rendered with proper width and it doesn't hide "text".
        Thank you!

        sakamoto