Re: Switching Control and Command

  • Dmitry Kichenko
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2009
      > You might try and talk to the KeyRemap4MacBook folks  they have modes
      > that only work in specific applications.  They might be able to help
      > you, or you might choose to add a feature.

      Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like you were right, the application
      already had some app-specific functionality built in, including,
      conveniently, vi detection (which wasn't used for anything as far as I
      can tell). I just added a new function and a preference in the XML
      file and voila, I now I have Ctrl mapped to Command only in Vim!

      I used the 5.1.0 source files. Here is a patch if anyone is interested
      in doing the same:
      http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1122945/Software/KeyRemap4MacBook-5.1.0_Remap_CommandL2ControlL.patch

      Instructions on compiling are on the KeyRemap4MacBook website:
      http://www.pqrs.org/tekezo/macosx/keyremap4macbook/source.html#t1p1

      Thanks again!