Re: configure error about --with-tlib

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
      2009/8/5 Tianzhou:

      >   I am trying to compile vimmac on Leopard. I use ./configure --
      > enable-cscope --enable-gui=macvim --with-mac-arch=intel --with-
      > features=huge --with-tlib=ncurses
      >   However, it complains about linking error with ncurses library.
      >   "checking for linking with ncurses library... configure: error:
      > FAILED"
      >  If I omit --with-tlib options, it then complains:
      >  checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
      >  checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
      >  checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
      >  checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
      >  no terminal library found
      >  checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
      >      You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
      >      Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.
      >
      >  I have libncurses installed in /usr/lib.
      >
      >  Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

      First of all: do not include the --with-mac-arch flag (unless you want
      to pass "both"). Then try "make reconfig" and run configure again,
      but without the --with-tlib flag, i.e.:

      make reconfig
      ./configure --enable-cscope --enable-gui=macvim --with-features=huge

      That should work,

    • Tianzhou
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
        Thanks Björn!
        I have another question:
        I install a plugin called taglist. Basically, it lists all the tags
        in all buffers. When I click one of those tags, the current buffer
        will be switched to the buffer containing that tag. I want to ask is
        there a way that I can open the buffer in a new tab, just like if I Cmd
        +left-mouse down on a link in safari, it will open the a new tab.
        I am not sure if this is the responsibility of mac_vim or the
        plugin itself.

        Thanks
        Ryan

        On Aug 6, 6:10 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> rote:

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2009
          2009/8/7 Tianzhou:

          > Thanks Björn!
          >   I have another question:
          >   I install a plugin called taglist. Basically, it lists all the tags
          > in all buffers. When I click one of those tags, the current buffer
          > will be switched to the buffer containing that tag. I want to ask is
          > there a way that I can open the buffer in a new tab, just like if I Cmd
          > +left-mouse down on a link in safari, it will open the a new tab.
          >   I am not sure if this is the responsibility of mac_vim or the
          > plugin itself.

          At the moment you cannot bind to Cmd+LeftMouse, so the answer is no.
          However, it is possible to bind LeftMouse with Ctrl/Shift/Alt
          modifiers but how to do this with the taglist plugin I do not know. I
          suggest you ask on the vim_use Google group. (If you want to bind to
          Ctrl+LeftMouse you'll have to disable MMTranslateCtrlClick, see ":h
          macvim" for more info.)

        • Tianzhou
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2009
            Thanks! I will check the related manual.

            Ryan