configure error about --with-tlib

  • Tianzhou
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
      Hi all,
      I am trying to compile vimmac on Leopard. I use ./configure --
      enable-cscope --enable-gui=macvim --with-mac-arch=intel --with-
      features=huge --with-tlib=ncurses
      However, it complains about linking error with ncurses library.
      "checking for linking with ncurses library... configure: error:
      FAILED"
      If I omit --with-tlib options, it then complains:
      checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
      checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
      checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
      checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
      no terminal library found
      checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
      You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
      Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.

      I have libncurses installed in /usr/lib.

      Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

      Ryan

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
        2009/8/5 Tianzhou:

        >   I am trying to compile vimmac on Leopard. I use ./configure --
        > enable-cscope --enable-gui=macvim --with-mac-arch=intel --with-
        > features=huge --with-tlib=ncurses
        >   However, it complains about linking error with ncurses library.
        >   "checking for linking with ncurses library... configure: error:
        > FAILED"
        >  If I omit --with-tlib options, it then complains:
        >  checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
        >  checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
        >  checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
        >  checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
        >  no terminal library found
        >  checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
        >      You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
        >      Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.
        >
        >  I have libncurses installed in /usr/lib.
        >
        >  Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

        First of all: do not include the --with-mac-arch flag (unless you want
        to pass "both"). Then try "make reconfig" and run configure again,
        but without the --with-tlib flag, i.e.:

        make reconfig
        ./configure --enable-cscope --enable-gui=macvim --with-features=huge

        That should work,

      • Tianzhou
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
          Thanks Björn!
          I have another question:
          I install a plugin called taglist. Basically, it lists all the tags
          in all buffers. When I click one of those tags, the current buffer
          will be switched to the buffer containing that tag. I want to ask is
          there a way that I can open the buffer in a new tab, just like if I Cmd
          +left-mouse down on a link in safari, it will open the a new tab.
          I am not sure if this is the responsibility of mac_vim or the
          plugin itself.

          Thanks
          Ryan

          On Aug 6, 6:10 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> rote:

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2009
            2009/8/7 Tianzhou:

            > Thanks Björn!
            >   I have another question:
            >   I install a plugin called taglist. Basically, it lists all the tags
            > in all buffers. When I click one of those tags, the current buffer
            > will be switched to the buffer containing that tag. I want to ask is
            > there a way that I can open the buffer in a new tab, just like if I Cmd
            > +left-mouse down on a link in safari, it will open the a new tab.
            >   I am not sure if this is the responsibility of mac_vim or the
            > plugin itself.

            At the moment you cannot bind to Cmd+LeftMouse, so the answer is no.
            However, it is possible to bind LeftMouse with Ctrl/Shift/Alt
            modifiers but how to do this with the taglist plugin I do not know. I
            suggest you ask on the vim_use Google group. (If you want to bind to
            Ctrl+LeftMouse you'll have to disable MMTranslateCtrlClick, see ":h
            macvim" for more info.)

          • Tianzhou
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2009
              Thanks! I will check the related manual.

              Ryan