Keymapping using Option, Ctrl and Cmd keys not working

  • pablogipi@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2009
      Hi.
      I am trying to make some keymaps for MacVim snapshot 47 using the Alt
      plus another modifier like Ctrl or Cmd keys.
      For example:
      noremap <C-M-n> :tabnew<CR>
      noremap <D-M-n> :tabnew<CR>

      But both of them don´t work.
      I have already enabled the use of the Alt key as a meta key with:
      :set macmeta

      Any ideas???
      thx

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
        > I am trying to make some keymaps for MacVim snapshot 47 using the Alt
        > plus another modifier like Ctrl or Cmd keys.
        > For example:
        > noremap <C-M-n> :tabnew<CR>
        > noremap <D-M-n> :tabnew<CR>
        >
        > But both of them don´t work.
        > I have already enabled the use of the Alt key as a meta key with:
        > :set macmeta

        I can confirm that the first mapping does not work -- however it will
        once I merge the feat/input branch (snap 48 most likely).

        There is no reason why the second mapping should not work though. If
        I copy&paste that second mapping into snap 47 it works like a charm.
        Are you quite sure that it doesn't work? Have you made sure that your
        .vimrc/.gvimrc/.vim are not interfering by renaming them temporarily
        and restarting?

      • Pablo Giménez Pizarro
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009

          björn wrote:
          I am trying to make some keymaps for MacVim snapshot 47 using the Alt
          plus another modifier like Ctrl or Cmd keys.
          For example:
          noremap <C-M-n> :tabnew<CR>
          noremap <D-M-n> :tabnew<CR>

          But both of them don´t work.
          I have already enabled the use of the Alt key as a meta key with:
          :set macmeta

          I can confirm that the first mapping does not work -- however it will
          once I merge the feat/input branch (snap 48 most likely).

          Yep bjorn you are right the second combination works, was my fault was not loaded properly in my vimrc