Re: malloc error with silent remove

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2003
      The Shrubber wrote:

      > I was wondering if people would mind reproducing this error and
      > fixing the relevant bugs.
      >
      > 1) start vim (GUI)
      > 2) :silent g/^\\s*$/d
      >
      > You should get an error like:
      > *** malloc[7051]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x1ff5c8;
      > This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
      > allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
      > tools to help debug
      >
      > Also, vim starts at some point starts putting garbage on the screen (Ctrl-L
      > makes it go away) and eventually crashing. But i have not reproduced it
      > yet and it may not be related.
      >
      > Before anyone asks, i've tested this without any vimrc or gvimrc to
      > avoid there being any third-party interference.

      This should not depend on the Mac-specific code, but I can't reproduce
      this anyway.

      What version of Vim? How was it compiled?

      --
      BEDEVERE: Stand by for attack!!
      [CUT TO enormous army forming up. Trebuchets, rows of PIKEMEN, siege

    • The Shrubber
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2003
        This for Benji Fisher's distribution of Carbon vim (v 6.2.11 and 6.2.14)
        that i got from http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/files/vimJag.tar.bz2.

        You have to run gvim or Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -v -g
        to reproduce this. The error shows in your terminal.

        BTW: gvim and Vim.app/Contents/MacOs/Vim are different versions
        (6.2.11 and 6.2.14 respectively). Is this intentional, or
        is there a Makefile to be fixed?

        Best,

        (-S-)
      • The Shrubber
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2003
          Sorry for the clutter, just sending a clearer version of my earlier
          response.

          > > 1) start vim (GUI)
          > > 2) :silent g/^\\s*$/d

          This error occurs for Benji Fisher's Carbon vim 6.2.11 and 6.2.14 which
          i found http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX. To reproduce the error, you must
          launch gvim from the command line (gvim or
          vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -v -g); the error will appear on the
          terminal.

          Can you reproduce it now?

          Thanks,

          --eric