Problems with the Backspace key in Vim

  • gabrown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2009
      I am currently working on a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.5.7 running. I regularly
      use terminal to ssh in to two different clusters of computers. One of them
      work perfectly, but on the other when I press the backspace button I get ^?
      on the screen (in insert mode). I have tried the :fixdel, this fixes the ^?
      coming up, but the backspace now just deletes the letter the curser is over
      (like the normal delete button).

      [note. when i try this in x11 terminal I do not experience this problem]

      Now I realize you will probably need more information about the computer I
      am connecting to, but I am not sure what is needed (or how to get it), so
      just reply for more information.

      Thanks

      Gareth Brown