Re: Great new feature

  • Jordi Collell Puig
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2009
      For me, don't set de pwd to that folder, or in, NERDTree, it doesn't
      work.
      Do you know how to update it?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 23, 2009
        2009/7/23 Jordi Collell Puig:

        > For me, don't set de pwd to that folder, or in, NERDTree, it doesn't
        > work.
        > Do you know how to update it?

        Which version of MacVim are you using? (Look on the menu: MacVim ->
        About MacVim).

        Please don't top-post to this list, reply to posts the way I do it
        (delete unnecessary text and reply under the relevant piece of the
        post you're replying to).

      • Jordi Collell Puig
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 23, 2009

          Which version of MacVim are you using?  (Look on the menu: MacVim ->
          About MacVim).

          Snapshot 47

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23, 2009
            2009/7/23 Jordi Collell Puig <jordic@...>:

            > Which version of MacVim are you using?  (Look on the menu: MacVim ->
            > About MacVim).
            >

            > Snapshot 47

            Ok, well the 'pwd' certainly will be set under normal circumstances
            with snap 47 so it may be that your rc files are interfering. Try
            renaming .vimrc/.gvimrc/.vim temporarily and restarting MacVim. Then
            drag e.g. the "Desktop" folder from a Finder window to the MacVim Dock
            icon and type ":pwd" -- Vim should respond with the current directory
            (which should be ~/Desktop). What happens when you try? Please
            provide step-by-step details of what you do and how Vim responds,
            otherwise it is very hard for me to provide any kind of help.

          • Jordi Collell Puig
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 23, 2009
              I had follow your instructions, and when I drop desktop folder to
              macvim dock icon, and see pwd, it points to my home /Users/jordic ....
              If I drop some other folder, always I get the parent folder... Perhaps
              is like dropping a file and get the folder of it

              Thanks for your attention..

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                2009/7/23 Jordi Collell Puig:

                >> Ok, well the 'pwd' certainly will be set under normal circumstances
                >> with snap 47 so it may be that your rc files are interfering.  Try
                >> renaming .vimrc/.gvimrc/.vim temporarily and restarting MacVim.  Then
                >> drag e.g. the "Desktop" folder from a Finder window to the MacVim Dock
                >> icon and type ":pwd" -- Vim should respond with the current directory
                >> (which should be ~/Desktop).  What happens when you try?  Please
                >> provide step-by-step details of what you do and how Vim responds,
                >> otherwise it is very hard for me to provide any kind of help.
                >>
                > I had follow your instructions, and when I drop desktop folder to
                > macvim dock icon, and see pwd, it points to my home /Users/jordic ....
                > If I drop some other folder, always I get the parent folder... Perhaps
                > is like dropping a file and get the folder of it

                Ok, I can see the problem now -- I'm guessing the last path component
                is always stripped before changing the dir. As a (temporary)
                workaround, add the following line to your .vimrc

                let g:netrw_keepdir= 0

                This causes netrw to change directories as you navigate.

                I'll fix this soon enough.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2009
                  2009/7/28 björn:
                  >> I had follow your instructions, and when I drop desktop folder to
                  >> macvim dock icon, and see pwd, it points to my home /Users/jordic ....
                  >> If I drop some other folder, always I get the parent folder... Perhaps
                  >> is like dropping a file and get the folder of it
                  >
                  > Ok, I can see the problem now -- I'm guessing the last path component
                  > is always stripped before changing the dir.  As a (temporary)
                  > workaround, add the following line to your .vimrc
                  >
                  > let g:netrw_keepdir= 0
                  >
                  > This causes netrw to change directories as you navigate.
                  >
                  > I'll fix this soon enough.

                  Fixed. The patch will be included in the next snapshot (48).

                  Thanks for reporting this problem,

                • Jordi Collell Puig
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 29, 2009
                    As you know so well the sourcecode, can i ask you if is possible to do
                    a new feature that allows to remap entry cmd to apple by settings?

                    Jordi Collell
                    www.tempomedialab.com
                    646 804 898