Re: Mapping keypad keys?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2009
      2009/7/21 Paul:

      > Hello. Has anyone tried or had success in mapping keys on the numeric
      > keypad to direction keys?
      >
      > Specifically, on the keypad, 1 would behave exactly as the "End" key,
      > 2 behave as the down arrow, "3" would behave as "Page Down" key, etc.
      >
      > This is the way things work in Windows world when numlock is off, and
      > I find it more intuitive (I use a Windows keyboard with my Mac.)
      >
      > I've gone through the :help and forums for many hours now, and tried
      > several ideas, but none has gotten me any closer. Helpful advice would
      > be much appreciated. Thank you.

      Hi Paul,

      I'm afraid that numeric key pad support is broken (if it worked you
      would be able to map to <k1>, <k3> etc.). However, I have a fix for
      it in the feat/input branch which should get merged by the time I
      build the next snapshot (I'm currently evaluating it).

      If you want to get it now you can build your own version from the
      feat/input branch. Instructions on how to build MacVim are here:

      http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building

      You'll have to pull the feat/input branch manually. Let us know if
      you need help with this (it is not covered in the build instructions).