Re: yanking linewise

  • Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 4, 2003
      At 5:57 pm +0100 2003-07-04, Ben Fowler wrote:
      >At 9:25 pm +0100 2003-07-03, Ben Fowler wrote:

      >> >Does do_put() contain Mac GUI specific code? Don't think so.
      >
      >I wonder whether the problem is on line 3736 of gui_mac.c
      >
      > type = (strchr(*textOfClip, '\r') != NULL) ? MLINE : MCHAR;
      >
      >and that \r character needs to be the current EOL for the file being edited.

      Certainly if I swap it for a \n, the problem goes away.

      I suspect that when the gui is mot active, using the * register does not go
      through the system clipboard, which is why this only turns up when using
      the gui, when this is the procedure for the * register.

      Certainly if am using the same Carbonised binary in a terminal, yanking
      to the * register does not affect the system clipboard, or any clipboard
      within Terminal.app .

      Are these features or bugs?

      Is there anyone here who knows the code well enough to provide a fix. I suspect
      that each instance of a literal '\r' in the gui code will need to be examined.

      Ben

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114